See more profiles below
Class of: 2005
Registered nurse (paediatrics)
Royal Children’s Hospital Emergency Department – Melbourne, Australia
Bachelor of Nursing Science, Melbourne University 2006-2008
Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Practice, Paediatrics 2010
The aspects of my Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School education I enjoyed the most were:
- The freedom to be an individual
- The languages I learnt
- The music opportunities – I went to New Zealand twice with school music groups
- And the focus on creativity, stories and the camps.
The elements of my Steiner education that I have carried through into my current employment are:
- Openness to everyone
- The ability to tell patients stories
- Being independent and autonomous but also an active team player
- Not being judgmental of people’s choices.
Some of interesting things I have done since leaving the School are?
- Volunteering in India with an Non-Government Organisation (NGO)
- Visited an Anthroposophical NGO in Monte Azul (Brazil), and volunteered there with the nurses and social workers working with youth and new mothers: